|Guelph Co-ed Competitive Volleyball
:: League Organization :: League Regulations :: Rules :: Playoff Rules ::
- The league runs from mid September to late April.
- The league is organized into two sessions: Mondays and Wednesdays. There is no cross over play between Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Time slots for Monday and Wednesdays are between 7:00 pm and 10:30 pm.
- All players must sign up as individuals (no team registrations). The league conveners will assign each player to a team. New teams are created in September and January.
- Due to limited gym space, we can accept a maximum of 96 players on Mondays and 96 players on Wednesdays. Note that returning players will be given first priority.
- The average player in the league has played on a high school volleyball team, with some players having more or less experience. Teams run a "6-2" or "5-1" offence, so knowledge of positioning is important.
- Play is on a men's height net.
- Teams will be responsible for submitting wins/losses each week.
- Outdoor shoes are not allowed in the gym. Please leave them in the change rooms or hallway. This is especially important during the winter months.
- All equipment must be put away, and players out of the gym, by 10:30pm.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning teams of the regular season and the playoffs.
- All OVA rules apply, except as otherwise stated.
- Scoring will be rally point. Play consists of 3 games to 25 points each, with a 27 point cap.
- Net serves are in play. If the ball hits the net and goes over, it is playable.
- Balls hit below the waist, including the foot, are in play.
- Teams are allowed maximum 10 minutes for warm-up after the scheduled session start time.
- Game 1 is defaulted if a team has less than 4 players. If a team has only 4 players, one must be female. If more team members or eligible substitutes show up during the time allotted for the games, the remaining games will not be defaulted.
- All games must end before the next scheduled session. If a game is still in progress at that time, there will be one last serve, and one more point will be played. The score will then stand as is unless it results in a tie. In the event of a tie, an additional point will be played to determine the winning team.
Substitutes and Team Requirements - Regular Season
- A minimum of four players must be on the court.
- One female must be on the court at all times during the regular season.
- It is the team's responsibility to arrange for substitutes if necessary.
- Substitutes must be female for female and male for male.
- See schedules for playoff structure.
- Ranking for playoffs are based on the final standings for the regular season.
Substitutes and Team Requirements - Playoffs
- Two girls must be on the court at all times during the playoffs.
- If a team has 5 or less players and that team has requested a sub, a substitute will be assigned by conveners who are not on either team playing that particular match.
- Scoring is win by 2 for all games, no cap.